Wednesday, November 16, 2005

"I plugged the video-out port on my video card into the video-in port of my capture card. " Dude, I think you just blew my mind!

Thanks Paul!


Anonymous said...

Can someone please tell me about a capture card and where i can get a good one. I have a hi8 camera and final cut studio. what do i need to transfer video to the computer. thanks

Wiley said...

You don't need a capture card, you need a dv converter. You can use a dv camera as a passthrough device or you can get a converter box, like a canopus. Once you do that, there is a capture preset in your log and capture window for 'non controllable device'. Pick that and then you can do 'capture now' after setting the high 8 to play manually.